Sometimes one picture of a salad brings on my own creation. Here is one example of one. It was just a beautiful and inviting picture of a feel good and healthy salad. SO I started to imagine how I could make it without reading the recipe. I love creating in the kitchen with flavors I love.
For the salad
1/2 cup of quinoa
1 cup of water
1 1/2 cups of shredded carrots
1 1/2 cups cut thinly of green cabbage
1 1/2 cups cut thinly of red cabbage
1 1/2 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped cilantro
1/2 cup of sesame seeds
1 cup of sliced almonds
top your salad with sunflower seeds and dried Cranberries
For the vinaigrette
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 lemon juiced
3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Oil
1 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook 1/2 cup of quinoa with 1 cup of water. When water is reduced, stop the burner. Let it cool.
2. Shred and thinly slice the vegetables.
3. In a big bowl, mix shredded carrots, thinly slices cabbages, chopped broccoli, and cilantro.
4. When cooled, add quinoa, nuts and seeds. You can use any nuts of seeds you like.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the ingredients of the vinaigrette- taste- if you need more lemon add 1/2 lemon more. You can also add 1/2 tbsp of sesame seed oil or walnut oil.
6. Pour vinaigrette in the salad. Mix well.
7. Serve on the plate, top with a bit of sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. Decorate side of the salad with apple slices.
This salad keeps well in the fridge several days.
Perfect healthy lunch salad.
Try it and let me know what you think.