- For the dough:
1 package Active Dry Yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
1/2 cup water, lukewarm 2 tsp of sugar
1/2 cup milk, lukewarm
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 egg, room temperature
2 tsp salt
4 cups all-purpose flour
- For the Apple Pie Filling:
5-6 Medium Apples, peeled and chopped
2 Ttbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Cornstarch
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
2 cups Water
4 tbsp Butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- For the Icing (Optional):
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Stir together yeast, water and 2 tsp. sugar in a small bowl and allow to rise for 10 minutes.
2) In a large mixing bowl combine milk, melted butter, egg and salt and mix well.
3) Stir in half of the flour and mix well, stir in the yeast mixture and continue mixing. Slowly add in the rest of the flour and blend well.
4) Sprinkle flour onto your counter top and move your dough on top of it and knead for approximately 5 minutes.
5) Place dough into a greased mixing bowl and cover with a towel. Allow dough to rise approximately 1-2 hours.
7) In saucepan, add apples, cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Mix and add the water. Cook on low until water has reduced.
8) Remove from heat and set aside. Melt your butter to be ready.
9) When your cinnamon roll dough has risen, divide in two. Sprinkle some flour on your kitchen table and roll dough. Spread some melted butter and sprinkle some brown sugar, add half of the apple pie mix.
10) Roll in a log, slice dough evenly and place in a 9 x 13 pan. Repeat with the second part of dough. Let rise.