In Niger, we get the same vegetables and so many times you need to create new dishes with what you have. I created this vegetarian moussaka. I made it again adding also some zucchini and potatoes for extra veggies. We all love it and just melts in your mouth.
1 kg of eggplant
1 prepared tomato sauce
1 bechamel sauce
1. Wash eggplants and cut in slices.
2. Put all the eggplant slice in a colander and sprinkle salt. let it seat at least 15-20 minutes.
3. Put the slices in a baking pan and sprinkle olive oil. Broil.
4. Check often and turn them around. When done remove from oven.
5. Place the broiled eggplants in a baking pan.
6. Add a prepared tomato sauce (i use my pizza sauce)
7. Make a bechamel sauce.
8. add the bechamel sauce on top of the eggplant dish and add emmental cheese.
9. To the oven.
10. Ready to eat …