We have tried many vanilla cupcakes but this one wins the price. It has the nice buttery taste, wonderful deep vanilla taste and moist. Gives you so many possibilities – make it as a cupcake or a mini cupcake. Decide the flavor. If you want you can add the flavor in the batter. For the icing: take 1/2 cup of butter softened add icing sugar as much as you want depending of consistency you need. add a little bit of milk or cream.
You can make it lemon by adding lemon zest and juice (instead of milk), or coffee by adding some cold coffee and some instant coffee granules, or you can make it strawberry by adding pureed strawberries and some strawberries flavoring.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla (add more for a super-vanilla taste)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Get the eggs and butter to room temperature. Grease and flour two cupcake/muffin pans, or add cupcake wrappers to trays.
1. Stir together the salt, baking powder, flour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat butter in an electric mixer on high for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until combined. Continue to beat and add the eggs. Beat well and add vanilla.
3. Add part of the flour mixture then part of the milk, then beat on low. Repeat until all of the milk and flour mixture have been added. Combine and spread batter into cupcake pans.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the cupcakes are golden brown and toothpick comes out clean from the center. Cool for at least 15 minutes then remove from pans. Frost.