Perfect way to start your day with these HEALTHY oat bran applesauce muffins.
A bowl of yogurt and strawberries and a muffin.
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup of oat bran
1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 egg whites (2 eggs)
1 cup unsweetened appleasauce
4 Tablespoons of canola oil
1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)
1/2 cup of raisins (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Blend together dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add eggs, applesauce, canola oil.
- Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients.
- Add walnuts and raisins (or cranberries)
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. let stand 10 minutes. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
So good warm out of the oven !