This Low Fat Banana bread is a MUST have ! You can make it as a loaf of banana bread or as muffins or mini muffins. You can add walnuts or semi sweet chocolate chips. You can make it whole wheat or not – but one thing STAYS : ALWAYS delicious and healthy. I have been making this recipe for years. Found it once in a magazine !
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon of canola oil
1 3/4 flour (white or 1 cup white and 3/4 whole wheat)
1 /2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1 cup of mashed bananas
1/3 cup of buttermilk ( 1tsp of white or apple cider vinegar + milk (use 0 % or 1%)
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips or walnuts (optional)
- Lightly grease a bread pan or muffin tins
- In a bowl, add 2 eggs. Beat until light color.
- Add bananas, sugar, vanilla, oil and beat. (When I buy bananas and get brown – I freeze the bananas whole with skin- it it perfect for banana bread).
- In another bowl add all dry ingredients.
- prepare 1/3 cup of buttermilk
- Add flour mixture little by little in the wet ingredients and adding buttermilk. Mix.
- Add chocolate chips or walnuts.
DELICIOUS for snack, lunches, breakfast !